Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Its all good :)

There is lots to say... I will begin with my first race of the weekend.

One of the most fast, and fun races I've competed in is called the Folsom Criterium. The two factors that contribute to the fast speeds of the race were the smooth roads, and wide sweeping turns. The course is literally shaped like a 'D'. I raced the Women P/1/2/3, which had a huge turnout of 35 women! The pace was fast, and I had fun hanging in there watching the dynamics taking place. I had a mid pack finish at the end. It was nice meeting a couple new people at Folsom, and racing with friends!


Sunday my family and I left for Gilroy, since the San Jose Memorial Day Crit was the next day. We planned to have a fun day by the pool. That day turned out to be much more exciting then expected. My Specialized Dolce was recovered! Some lady contacted the owner of Carbon Lite Racing (my wheel sponsor) and asked about the price of the CLR A27 wheel set because, her friend new somebody who was selling a pair, and wanted to buy them... Well the owner of CLR said that there were only one pair of CLR A27's out there, owned by me. Long story short, she was the one who had the wheels, along with my bike, and quickly turned my bike over to the police station where we picked it up the next day. Hmmm.. If you are trying to piece off, and sell a bike you really shouldn't contact the owner of a small wheel company to find out the price of the wheels! Everything about my bike was normal except both tires were flat, and it looked as if someone had taken the back wheel off, and did not know how to put it back on... ER, PEOPLE! Anyway, I have my bike back and its in good condition along with my CLR A27 wheels, very happy about that. My Dolce is not retired yet, we have plans to make it into my Time Trial bike!

NOW, I will talk about the San Jose Memorial Day Crit! My first race was the Women 3, which started late and was cut short because of a brutal crash in the previous race. Not much happened for me, but it was pretty cool watching my friend Shannon (another Jr) take the win all because of cornering skills!!! After a long rest, I lined up again to race the Women P1/2/3 race. The wind had increased, causing some sketchy riding, but other than that it was fun! I tried to get into breaks, and stay near the front of the peleton. I had another mid pack finish.

Finally, I will talk about the Amira! Folsom was my first race on it, and I was very happy with the way it cornered. I was also happy that it did not take much adjusting to make it feel just like my Dolce! Everything felt the same.

This upcoming weekend is Dunlap TT, Distict/State Championships for Time Trialing. After that I will be at Folsom Stage Race... AND THEN NATIONALS!!!!  Will keep everyone updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment