Monday, February 13, 2012

Here we go...

My first race of the year is coming up! Only five more days, ONLY FIVE MORE DAYS! I feel like I'm going crazy! Everyone I know is already racing... and the only reason why I'm not yet is because is because most of the early races last year were rainy and I did not want to do to many races in the rain. OK, so far all of the races have been sunny, but it looks like my first race is going to be rainy! Darn it!

All winter I have been riding long slow distances to prepare for this season. I definitely feel like those long hours on the bike have paid off. Just  a few weeks ago, I added intervals. I think the weather also contributed to my training. This whole winter was beautiful and sunny. I rarely had to ride inside on the trainer. Not once did I have to ride in the rain.

Well lucky me, it is going to rain during my first race! Why?! All of those long rides have prepared me for the season, they have also prepared me for good weather! Why did it all of the sudden change? Now I'm looking outside my window with anger. I have to do a specific ride OUTSIDE today, and its raining. I know I should go out and ride in the rain to prepare myself for this weekend but I am still hoping the weather will turn. Oh well, it will make my stronger if I do ride in the rain!

Now for a more positive topic. You all are probably wondering what my first race is. It is..... (drum roll)........
Coppertown circuit race! The next day I will be racing Dinuba criterium! On the 25th I will be at Snelling RR, and on the 28th My family will be heading to Tucson, AZ for the Tucson Bicycle classic!

My busy schedule begins! Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment